Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nice. What monitor? gsync?

Because if you do not have gsync then you never want to dip below 60fps. Turn everything down to medium with AA off and see what you run for a map or two.

My monitor is about five year-old, so no gsync I guess... It does run at 120Hz though. What is the "best" thing to sacrifice in order to get better FPS while retaining as much pretty stuff as possible? texture? AO? Something else?

I run everything at medium with AA off. I use 780Ti. You can turn textureQ, MESH and terrain to med/hi and turn other things on low. Some people like turning effects med/hi as well. It really depends on what your fps is and how the game looks to you. You never want below 60 fps though, ever. I rarely dip below 100 with everything exploding around me. The trick is to turn the details that matter, up and turn the worthless eye candy and shadows, down.

https://www.google.com/search?q=batt...UIBygB&dpr=1.5

My personal settings to allow me to see better when I'm flying, better to attack ground targets, also when I'm on the ground to see enemies further out.

Quality: Custom
    Texture Quality: High
    Texture Filtering: Ultra
    Lighting Quality: Low
    Effects Quality: Low
    Post Process Quality: Low
    Mesh Quality: Ultra
    Terrain Quality: Ultra
    Terrain Decoration: Low
    AA Deferred Off
    AA Post: High
    Ambient Occlusion: Off

Some other ones that you can choose yourself...personal preference.

FOV: 74 [90 Hor+]
    Vehicle FOV: 74 [90 Hor+]
    FOV Scalling in ADS: Off
    Motion Blur: 0%
    Weapon DOF: Off
    Brightness: I tend to keep around 65%
    Last edited by _xG0NEx_; 02-20-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks for your input! Will play a bit with different settings, but to be honest the difference with the 580 is fairly brutal, so anything looks gorgeous and smooth to me right now :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemming_Grumpy View Post
    anything looks gorgeous and smooth to me right now :)
    Will this card work for my missus too!!

david15
    Thank you for share :D